Minimum Entrance Requirements
Applicants into the Certificate programs must satisfy any of the following minimum requirements:
(1) KCSE Mean Grade D+ (Division IV) or its equivalent.
(2) Must demonstrate maturity, and exceptional motivation to learn.
Applicants into the Diploma programs must satisfy any of the following minimum requirements:
Either (1) KCSE Mean Grade C- (or Division III) and above or its equivalent OR
or (2) KCSE Mean Grade D+ (Division IV) or its equivalent, PLUS at least 1 Years' certificate from a recognized Institution of Higher Learning/College performed at credit level in any of social sciences OR
or (3) KCSE Mean Grade D+ (Division IV) or its equivalent, PLUS at least 5 years of relevant working experience.
or (4) GCE 4 credits or its equivalent
or (5) A principal Pass in A level
Bachelor’s Degree Programmes
Applicants for the Bachelor’s degree programmes must satisfy any of the following CUEA minimum requirements:
Either (1) Be a holder of KCSE certificate (or an equivalent examination) with a minimum aggregate of C+.
or (2) Be a holder of KACE certificate (or an equivalent examination) with a minimum of two principal passes and one subsidiary pass.
or (3) Be a holder of a diploma or professional certificate in a relevant discipline from an institution recognized by the CUEA Senate having attained a mean grade of C plain in the KCSE (or its equivalent).
or (4) Be a holder of any other qualification accepted by the CUEA Senate as equivalent to any of the above.
or (5) 2 Principal and 1 Subsidiary Pass in A Level
or (6) Div. II in GCE
or (7) IGCSE 5 Credits or its equivalent
ISMM will also consider:
(i) Applicants with a minimum of 6 months certified experience in social work, or community development, or social ministry activities, and
(ii) Applicants who will have passed an interview by demonstrating their capacity of adapting to adult learning methodologies.
Master’s Degree Programmes
An applicant must satisfy the following minimum requirements for admission to all Master’s degree programmes:
- 1)Be a holder of a Bachelor’s Degree with a minimum of upper second class honours from CUEA or its equivalent from a recognized university.
- 2)Show evidence of competence to do rigorous research work.
- 3)Satisfy specific requirements of the relevant departments/Institutes.
- 4)Holders of qualifications from institutes recognized by other authorities such as respective governments, accrediting agencies.
Other Admission Requirements for the Institute of Social Ministry
- Because of the adult education principles that inform ISMM's teaching and learning methodology, applicants to ISMM programmes need to prove their capacity to be self-directed learners; have a significant work experience and exposure to social issues on which to graft their learning; they also need to portray a problem solving and needs driven orientation, and an interest in the application of knowledge.